We are looking for a person with at least 10 years experience with managing and designing solutions within an IP network.
What does Enable do?
120,000 local families, businesses, schools, and healthcare and community service providers are now enjoying the benefits of world-class fibre broadband in greater Christchurch. ‘Connecting our Community with Unlimited Opportunity’ is Enable’s purpose. This is being realised today with the people of Christchurch enjoying unprecedented access to global markets, services and customers; connecting with each other and the world in exciting new ways; benefitting from advancing online community services; and making the most of digital learning opportunities. The critical role of fibre broadband has been clear through the COVID-19 crisis and Enable and our services are set to play a huge role in the Christchurch’s social and economic growth as we move beyond this crisis and into future embracing the Internet of Things, Smart City and Artificial Intelligence.
Enable is 100 percent owned by the people of Christchurch, through the Christchurch City Council. We strive to operate our business in a sustainable way and are working towards achieving lower emissions and waste. In addition, we are committed to reducing the digital divide with a vision of ensuring more people can participate in and benefit from broadband connectivity and online opportunities.
What will you do?
Network Engineering at Enable is constantly evolving and adapting to embody new engineering thinking and innovation into our network; the Network Engineer will provide technical expertise to augment our Next Generation Network implementation team through design, testing, commissioning and support of end to end services. This role has a strong IP focus.
To be successful, you will have:
· 10+ years of experience with managing, designing solutions within an IP network.
· CCIE certification and/or equivalent level experience.
· Must be able to demonstrate the ability to architect, implement and support IP network infrastructure.
· Knowledge of IP technologies such as Netflow, TCP and UDP signalling, IS-IS, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, iBGP, eBGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPNs, Pseudowire, and Ethernet switching.
· Knowledge and exposure to systems such as DNS, DHCP, NAT, RADIUS, Billing and other similar.
· In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of IP networks and the ability to think critically in high pressure, confidential environments.
· Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Huawei
· Experience implementing and managing carrier grade network and network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
· Exceptional verbal, written (including the development of procedural documentation), interpersonal, and presentation skills desired.
Why you should apply?
We care about our people. We’re a close team who like to have fun, support and motivate each other to succeed. We celebrate success, and we are passionate about developing our people to their fullest potential. Joining us means joining a caring and collaborative environment with people who enjoy getting stuff done – not to mention that this is an opportunity to be part of a high profile, nationally significant project that will grow your career and shape the future of Christchurch!
Our values underpin the delivery of our purpose, and our promise to ensure that our customers never stop getting more out of life.
· Smash boundaries – Work together to create bold new outcomes
· Keep it simple and fresh – Innovation loves clarity
· Own the experience – Take charge and make great happen now
· Show the love – Care for each other, our community and environment
Network Engineer - Job Description & Application Form